Thursday 24 January 2008

An update with a touch of food poisoning







So we have been home a week and feeling a lot more relaxed. It's amazing how quickly the stress came back in just a few weeks in a more aggressive and negative environment. I really feel the UK is on a slippery slope. It is not a pleasant place to be for the average Joe. Anyhow, today is the first time I have been able to take stock. Heidi is at kindergarten and Miller is napping. Now I have sorted all the washing and cleaning that needs to be done after a trip I am thinking about updating my sites, filming yoga baby, writing my children's book, filming the teaser for our kids tv show and wondering how I am actually going to make any money to actually pay for things but hey ho!


Miller is starting kindergarten now and I took him for his first day on Monday. I stayed with him and we will build up to two days a week for now and see how it goes. The staff there were so fantastic about Millers diet. They even offered to shop for the items he would eat instead of me bringing them in. Wonderful! And his being there a little will give me time to figure out how the next few months will go and maybe I'll have time to do things like take a bath, have a cup of tea and browse the news sites. Probably not but the thought is there! More likely I will work work work...but at least I'll enjoy it, that's the best thing.

So I hope to bring you a higher quality of information in the near future but while you are waiting I just want to share the below snippet with you. Now, this is priceless! The site is called 'It's your health'...hmmm. Surely the answer at the bottom should simply be 'DON'T EAT IT!' Here goes!....


YOUR HEALTH.

Food poisoning is caused by eating foods that are contaminated by some type of bacteria, such as Salmonella. It's not unusual for raw turkey and chicken to be contaminated. Other raw foods such as meat, fish, seafood, unpasteurized dairy products, raw shell eggs and products containing raw eggs can be a problem too.

Cooking food at high temperatures usually kills the bacteria contained in the food itself. However, that precaution doesn't help to control bacteria that may have spread to your refrigerator, counters or utensils while the food was being stored or prepared for cooking.

Minimizing Your Risk

It's not possible to tell if food is contaminated simply by looking at it. For that reason, it's best to treat all poultry and other raw meats as though they are contaminated.





Hmmm. Enjoy!

0 comments:


Visit Yoga
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio